Thursday, September 29, 2011

Saying "Thank You"

"God gave you a gift of 84,600 seconds today.

Have you used one to say "thank you"?" ~William A. Ward

My focus for today will be saying "thank you", out loud and directly to the person or thing I feel gratitude for. It's all well and good for me to post this here and to share it with you, but it's a little self centered of me to assume that the people I feel grateful for read this blog (although, I hope that they do...and I am not above being a little self-centered...). Today, I am going to take it to the "next level" and say "thank you" in person!

Today, I feel gratitude for:
- Coworkers that let me vent
- A husband that always has my back
- Opportunities to be of service to two organizations at the same time
- Back massages
- Microwave popcorn

Dear God, thanks for the awesome people, places and things in my life - I am surrounded by good stuff, and I owe it all to You. Help me to be more outwardly obviously in my gratitude for the blessings You've given me. Help me with the character defects of ________ and _________ today....oh, and ________. They are kind of kicking my butt right now. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment