Thursday, September 8, 2011

9.12.11


I am trying to get back on track today - while I have been very much living in gratitude each day (my life is pretty dang good lately!), I have been a remiss in posting! I find myself thinking about things I "should" put on this list, while I am driving, while I am walking, while I am working, while I am having lunch with a friend, while I am in a meeting...any place but in front of a computer! Instead of feeling good about how full my life is and how blessed I really am, I have been kind of beating myself up for not being more diligent about gratitude! Kind of counter productive, eh?

Yesterday, S and I watched a lot of the 10th anniversary coverage of the 9/11 tragedies. It brought back a lot of difficult emotions - and put in perspective the fact that I was beating myself up for such a small thing. In the light of that tragedy (and many others!), there's very little in my life that has ever been worth beating myself up for.

So, with that said, I am ready to get going again:

Today, I feel gratitude for:
- A tenant for my condo in CT - yay for not having to pay a mortgage for a house I am not living in anymore!
- Kathy Griffin's comedy - she makes me laugh, even when I am not really in the mood to do so.
- Supportive friends, family and coworkers - my big debut on live TV did NOT go very well, but my crew made me feel like a rock star anyway
- Time to go for a run this afternoon
- A husband that doesn't mind cleaning - how did I get so lucky??

Dear God, thank you for my awesome life and the awesome people in it. I do realize that I am one of the luckiest girls around. So, it may not seem like such a big deal to you - but I could use some help getting back on track with food and exercise. On top of being derailed from my daily gratitude blog, I have also gotten pretty far off track in that area, and really need to feel healthy again. It's pretty tough to feel useful when I am feeling frumpy and sluggish. Please show me how to be useful in spite of myself, and in honor of You. Please keep an eye on my loved ones - I kind of need them around, ok? Thanks! Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment