Thursday, September 22, 2011

Bright lights, adjustable mirrors and dangly earrings

You know what I HATE?? People that drive behind me with their high beams on. Part of the reason it drives me so nuts is that there's no way to politely signal them to let them know that they are blinding you. If they were driving toward me, I could just flash MY brights at them, and give them the opportunity to turn them off. Instead, when they are behind you, there's no way to let them know - and they could be behind you for MILES.



Ok - deep breath. Here's a chance for me to try to find something I am grateful for in this situation, so it doesn't ruin my morning. Hmmmm - uou know what I am grateful for? Adjustable mirrors! Maybe it makes me a bad person, but now, instead of being blinded, I can just adjust my mirrors to reflect their ridiculously bright lights back at them. Does it work? I have no idea. Does it make me feel better? Abso-freaking-lutely. Somehow, by doing this, I feel like I am winning in the driving game. Is it very spiritual of me? Nope. But today, I don't care. (Insert maniacal little giggle...)



What else is on my gratitude list today?



Today, I feel gratitude for:

- Dangly earrings - they make me feel so fancy and grown up

- Car dancing - it's fun to be able to let loose and have a little fun in traffic (even more fun to observe OTHER people doing it!)

- To do lists - I would forget to do everything if I didn't have a few "to do" lists

- Online billpay - it makes life so much easier!



Dear God, thanks for the attitude adjustment today. That may not have been what the Serenity Prayers means when it says to have the "courage to change the things I can", but it definitely perked me up. I'll try to be more grown up for the rest of the day today, with Your help, of course. Please keep an eye on E and her mom today, and on my dad today - and anyone else that needs some comfort and/or healing. If I can be helpful or useful, please show me how. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment