Monday, September 19, 2011

Babies, Married Men and Naps

Today, I feel gratitude for:
- A healthy new baby for D and RJ - born naturally, just like they had hoped!
- Downloadable sheet music - I have downloaded a few of my favorite tunes for the piano, and it's been fun to try to play again. I mean, I've got the thing sitting here - and because of my schedule, I have a chunk of time in the afternoon before S gets home...so, no one is affected by my attempts to pound out the notes, other than the dogs. So far, they don't seem to mind!
- Men that love to be married - I saw two guy friends today, having lunch outside together, and both asked how things were going with being married - and I got to thinking about the two of their marriages. Both men often sing the praises of their wives, and are very vocal about the joys of being married to these sweet women. How cool is it to know these men?
- Naps - I am not rubbing it in, but I got to take a 2 1/2 hour nap this afternoon! Awwww, yeah!
- Gorgeous weather - again, not rubbing it in, but I did my reading this afternoon in the hammock in the backyard - sun shining, birds singing, not too hot, not too cold...just right!
- Being able to buy S a present he reallllllllllllly wanted - and getting to see him enjoy it! Although I may never get to see him again unless it is via FaceTime on the new iPad - it's really nice to be in a position to be able to get him something he's wanted for over a year and to see him using it a TON, already!

Dear God, thank you for today - and for the gifts that it brings. Thanks for the gift of new life in W! I'll keep it short and sweet today - please grant me knowledge of Your will for me and the power and courage to carry it out. Show me where I can be of service to You and/or Your kids, and keep a loving, comforting, protective arm around those that need it! Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment