Yesterday, I got a call that shook me up a bit - and unfortunately, due to the nature of the information, I can't even say what it was. It was an excellent opportunity for me to practice using my gratitude list. I felt my old self try to bubble up and throw myself a pity party.
(Side note: I really think there's a market somewhere for Pity Party decorations...maybe I could sell Pity Party Packs: one black party hat, one busted noise maker, a CD that only plays "All By Myself", a giant vat of cookie dough. That's what I would want at MY Pity Party!)
I fought the urge, and closed my eyes and made up a mental gratitude list...because even in the face of some potential bad news, I have lots in my life that I can be grateful for. Here's the list!
Today, I feel gratitude for:
- A husband that wakes up to kiss my goodbye every morning at 4:30am
- Friends that bring me back from the ledge
- A coworker that expertly cleaned my car!
- Tenant in my condo back in CT that covers most of the mortgage
- Gorgeous weather so A and I could have coffee outside
- Getting caught up with two very good friends yesterday on the phone - more to come today!
- Getting all of my steps in (I am wearing a pedometer to try to get 10,000 in per day)
- S having cell service exactly when I needed to talk to him
- A good reaction from ____ when I called him for support
Dear God, please remove my fear about _____. Help me know what You want for me, and to have faith that You have a plan for me. That's about all I have right now. Thanks for keeping my loved ones safe and sound. Amen.