Monday, October 10, 2011

Grateful for what didn't happen

As the Garth Brooks song says, "Sometimes, I thank God for unanswered prayers..." Some of the time, it's the things we DON'T get that are our blessings for the day, right? Have you ever NOT gotten something that ended up being better? Could be big or small?


Here's my list from the weekend - and it's all gratitude for things I didn't get or that didn't happen. Today, I feel gratitude for:

- Not walking all the way into the men's room at church yesterday - I wasn't paying attention to where I was going (shocking, I know!), and walked halfway into the men's room before I realized where I was. Luckily, I was able to turn around before I saw anything I shouldn't!

- Not gaining weight on a football weekend! For the past few weeks, we've been "bad" while tailgating, so we've put on a few each weekend and spent ALL week getting back on track, only to do it again

- Not getting worried about potential "drama" that would have made me crazy only a few years ago.

- Not running out of gas on the way to work this morning - it was a little stressful to watch the gas gauge at 4:30am and know that I would really be stranded if I didn't make it into work!

Dear God, thank you for all of the things you didn't allow to happen this weekend - and for the many other ways that you blessed me. Please keep an eye on my loved ones today - and please show me how to be helpful to them, if they need it! Please remove my fear of ______, and direct my thinking to what you'd have me be. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment