Friday, October 14, 2011

Can you be too tired to feel gratitude?



It's hard to feel anything but exhausted when you don't get enough sleep for enough days in a row. I've done it to myself again by scheduling too many things in one week - you'd think I'd learn by now not to try to do EVERYTHING, but I haven't! That being said, I am grateful to be able to have so many different opportunities available to me to be involved with my friends, work and the community. I just have a hard time prioritizing - or choosing, actually. They are all so near and dear to my heart that it seems impossible to eliminate any of them. Do you ever feel like that? I can't be the only one!






I was so exhausted yesterday, that I didn't even have the energy to put together a list for the day. Bad Jeannine. I know, from experience, that I get MORE energy if I take the time to take an inventory of the positive things in my life. So, today, I'll START the day with a gratitude list - and we'll see how it goes!






Today, I feel gratitude for:



- A husband who is supportive and loving, when I am kind of a mess (re: cranky, tired, and feeling frumpy and frustrated about being on a diet)



- Modern Family - I know I am a little late to join the bandwagon for this show, but holy cow, it is super clever. I was literally laughing out loud yesterday, while watching.



- New Ben Folds album - "The Best Imitation of Myself" - he makes me happy I have ears. Genius.



- Girls' Night tonight with some of my favorite ladies



- Pay day! (The bills were starting to pile up a little too high for my comfort level!)






Dear God, it seems silly to be complaining about being tired when I chose all of the stuff in my life - so, please help me to get better at putting down some realistic boundaries about what I can and can't do. Also, please help me with this healthy eating thing - it also seems silly to be praying about food, but this stuff continues to kick my butt and affect my mood for the whole day. I know there are people struggling with MUCH bigger things than that - so, please keep an eye on those people and show me how I get out of my own crazy head to be of service to them. Also, I chickened out of making amends yesterday to ____ and _____ - can you show me the best time to do that? Thanks for today and all of the blessings it brings - help me not to squander or ignore them. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment